Floating foam fenders
Floating foam fenders are tried and tested fender elements which are used predominantly in applications subject to strong tidal variations due to their buoyancy. Their high energy absorption at a low specific weight is a considerable advantage in particular for ship-to-ship operations and other offshore applications. Due to the non-discolouring PUR outer skin, floating foam fenders are frequently used in cruise ship terminals.
Advantages of floating foam fenders at a glance:
- Unlimited sizes due to variable production
- High energy absorption, variable through foam modification
- Attachment to chains, bars or rope systems
- Unsinkable due to the use of closed cell foam types
- Non-discolouring PUR outer skin
- Individual colours available, also navy-grey
- Chain/tyre net for heavy duty applications
WILLBRANDT floating foam fenders are certified by German Lloyd.
A Donut fender is a special type of floating foam fender which is mounted vertically "like a donut" on mooring posts and also moves with the tidal lift. This type of fender is also available in different types and sizes.